If you are a freelancer what will you say when someone ask you “Who are you?”
Or if you are “infidel” in this term, have you ever heard them before? Freelancers?
Well, very simply, as their names, freelancers are those people who feel free at their jobsFreelancer tips
. No boss, no limited time, no an-8 hour-working day, they are your own bosses. However, becoming a successful freelancer is not as easy as you might think. In this topic, I will show you some tips to originate as a band –new freelancer.
Some tips for begin freelancer
1. Making a business plan
It is nearly compulsory issue that you have to do first. To begin, let ask yourself these questions:
- What are you going to do?
- What are your products or services? (A freelance tour guide, writer, programmer…?)
- Are you confident in your potential to supply it as your business?
If the answer is “Yes”, please continue reading carefully.
And in contrast, let’s read for fun!
- Then, you have to find out the demand of customers, in other words, let definite your target clients and focus on them.
- Now, write down your all ideas in a paper, show the way you have to do, step by step.
Even though you have all your ideas needed in your head, putting it on paper will give many advances. It could help you to see your challenges and the way to solve them. In some case, a good plan could help you to get more attention from business investors.
Here are those things you have to definite
2. Preparing diversified portfolio
This will be only a plan if you do not have enough tools to make your business. To start, you have to make a portfolio including:
- A personal website
- Phone number for customers to contact you
- A business card (your services, your contact )
- Business address (such as mailboxes or mail service)
- List of service providers
Now, if you have this portfolio in your hand, your race really begins.
3. Managing your business regularly
- Updating your information
Imagine if a new client visit your website and see that you haven’t updated the content, what should they do? Never come back and chose another supplierinstead? Updating regularly will require an hour of your time every now and then but can pay back multiple times rewarding you with new clients.
- Keep your finance tidy and save for rainy days
Even when your business may go really well, there can and probably will get worse now and then. A freelancer is easily vulnerable to changes in the market. To prevent from broken up, try to keep your finance tidy as soon as possible. And remember to save for unexpected situations.
4. Asking for feedback
Finally, gaining positive feedback is one way to build your reputation quickly. You should ask for comments not only of your clients but also anyone (your friends/ your family). Asking is an intelligent way to improve your products. Do not be afraid of asking opinions. Let’s remember negative feedback just help you to see your weaknesses and encourage you to be better.
5. Relaxing yourself after a hard – working time
Finally, let’s relax yourself before keeping going on a new business plan. Remember, feel free to do what you want. Enjoy your life and enjoy your work is key of success.